I always worry whenever I do a fundraiser, that no one will turn up and I’ll be like Billy No Mates at the Gallery …. but I should not have worried so much.
Bowen Island’s finest came out showing their full support for me and SIRC, and those who could not make it send their love and support (and cheques too – I am so grateful to live in such a caring community.
Everything went off a treat thanks to the team of volunteers who helped me
- set up the Gallery (Bowen, Casey and Brinley Wright)
- run the computer (Ian),
- serve the Dal Bhat and milk tea (Kate, Heidi, Weldon and Judi),
- handle tix at the door and cash-wrangling (Bev and Muriel),
- raffle sales (Jlonka) and
- the silent auction gang (Bonnie and Cathy)
- silent auction shopping crew in Bhaktapur (Sangita, Nikita and Nistha)
With lots of leftover food, someone had the brilliant idea to sell it today – we did! Bev, Weldon and I set ourselves up in Bonnie’s Phoenix Book & Toy store in Village Square on Bowen Island. It was a hit and we managed to raise an additional $185 to boot.
All our hard work paid off as ….. we raised a whopping CAD$3,685 | Nr.300,000. I can’t thank you enough! It will make such a difference to patients in need at SIRC.
Bowen Island can stand proud today.
Check out a few photos taken by the talented Bowen Wright. Many more photos can also be found here.
A few of the supporters